Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Miroslav Nachev <m....@prosyst.bg> on 2008/10/10 08:39:00 UTC

How to start all tests when the computer is behind Firewall and Proxy is used for Internet

Hi,

I am trying to build the project (last svn version) but it is not
possible to start all tests because my computer is behind firewall and
for internet is used proxy. The error is attached to this email.

Any help and/or suggestions?

Regards,
Miro.

Re: DOSGI: How to start all tests when the computer is behind Firewall and Proxy is used for Internet

Posted by Miroslav Nachev <m....@prosyst.bg>.
Hi,

I add the following code in
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.systests.basic.BasicPublishHookTest and now the
network problem is solved and there is another issue. Please see the
attached files with the exceptions.

    public BasicPublishHookTest()
    {
        ProxySelector.setDefault(new TestProxySelector());
    }

    private static final List<Proxy> DIRECT_PROXY_LIST =
Arrays.asList(Proxy.NO_PROXY);
    private class TestProxySelector
        extends ProxySelector
    {
        private Proxy proxy;
        private List<Proxy> proxies;

        public TestProxySelector()
        {
            String proxyString = System.getProperty("env.HTTP_PROXY");
            if(proxyString != null && (proxyString =
proxyString.trim()).length() > 0)
            {
                int index1 = proxyString.lastIndexOf(':');
                int port = Integer.parseInt(proxyString.substring(index1
+ 1));
                int index2 = proxyString.indexOf("//");
                String type = proxyString.substring(0, index2 - 1);
                proxyString = proxyString.substring(index2 + 2, index1);

                Proxy.Type proxyType =
Proxy.Type.valueOf(type.toUpperCase());
                InetSocketAddress address = new
InetSocketAddress(proxyString, port);
                proxy = new Proxy(proxyType, address);
            }
        }

        @Override
        public List<Proxy> select(URI uri)
        {
            if(proxy == null)
                return DIRECT_PROXY_LIST;

            if(proxies == null)
            {
                proxies = new ArrayList<Proxy>(2);
                proxies.add(proxy);
                proxies.add(Proxy.NO_PROXY);
            }

            return proxies;
        }

        @Override
        public void connectFailed(URI uri, SocketAddress address,
IOException ex)
        {
            System.out.println("connectFailed(uri=" + uri +
                    ", address=" + address +
                    ", Exception=" + ex.getMessage());
        }
    }

Regards,
Miro.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Hi,

Why do you think it's a proxy issue ?
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.systests.basic.BasicPublishHookTest installs a bundle during the test. The installation of this bundle should
result in a service endpoint being registered with the local host address. Can you please try to rebuild the whole snapshot ?
Try run this test individually and see if it works. After installing this bundle, the test waits for the endpoint by polling for its
wsdl for up to 20 secs and on success it prints a message like "Waited for endpoint for 10 secs", otherwise it will now print (just
added this minor change right now) "Failed to retrieve service wsdl". Try capturing the output and check for one of these messages
please...

Cheers, Sergey

> Hi,
>
> Just now I update the project from the repository and have again the
> same (probably) error. Please find the attached file.
> How can I pass proxy settings? Maybe the proxy can be detected
> automatically or can be taken from maven because there is a system maven
> property named "env.HTTP_PROXY".
>

> Regards,
> Miro.
>

> Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm prepending a DOSGI prefix, please do it too. This project is still
>> in the sandbox and it will help us to react better to dosgi related
>> questions.
>> Have you had a chance to update your snapshot recently ? This test was
>> indeed failing recently with this failure for us too but we think we
>> actually fixed it...
>>
>> Cheers, Sergey
>>
>>> I am so sorry, but the attached file was wrong.
>>>

>>> Miro.

>>> Test set: org.apache.cxf.dosgi.systests.basic.BasicPublishHookTest
>>>
>>> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
>>> 56.827 sec <<< FAILURE!
>>> testBasicInvocation(org.apache.cxf.dosgi.systests.basic.BasicPublishHookTest)
>>> Time elapsed: 56.717 sec  <<< ERROR!
>>> org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault: Error writing to XMLStreamWriter.
>>> at
> [...]

> at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:731)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:656)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:834)
> at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleHeadersTrustCaching(HTTPConduit.java:1800)
> at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.onFirstWrite(HTTPConduit.java:1758)
> at org.apache.cxf.io.AbstractWrappedOutputStream.write(AbstractWrappedOutputStream.java:42)
> at com.ctc.wstx.io.UTF8Writer.flush(UTF8Writer.java:96)
> at com.ctc.wstx.sw.BufferingXmlWriter.flush(BufferingXmlWriter.java:214)
> at com.ctc.wstx.sw.BufferingXmlWriter.close(BufferingXmlWriter.java:194)
> at com.ctc.wstx.sw.BaseStreamWriter.finishDocument(BaseStreamWriter.java:1685)

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: DOSGI: How to start all tests when the computer is behind Firewall and Proxy is used for Internet

Posted by Miroslav Nachev <m....@prosyst.bg>.
Hi,

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Hi

> [...]

> at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:731)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:656)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:834)
> at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleHeadersTrustCaching(HTTPConduit.java:1800)
> at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.onFirstWrite(HTTPConduit.java:1758)
> at org.apache.cxf.io.AbstractWrappedOutputStream.write(AbstractWrappedOutputStream.java:42)
> at com.ctc.wstx.io.UTF8Writer.flush(UTF8Writer.java:96)
> at com.ctc.wstx.sw.BufferingXmlWriter.flush(BufferingXmlWriter.java:214)
> at com.ctc.wstx.sw.BufferingXmlWriter.close(BufferingXmlWriter.java:194)
> at com.ctc.wstx.sw.BaseStreamWriter.finishDocument(BaseStreamWriter.java:1685)

Registered Number: 171387

Re: How to start all tests when the computer is behind Firewall and Proxy is used for Internet

Posted by Miroslav Nachev <m....@prosyst.bg>.