Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/10 21:48:44 UTC

cglib conflict

There's a conflict between the cglib used by EasyMockClassExtension
1.1 and the cglib packaged inside Groovy beta 9.

It causes a single test to fail inside Eclipse.  It works out that
there is not a conflict in the Ant build.

Hopefully, either there will be a EasyMockClassExtension 1.2 or a
change to Groovy will get us out of JAR hell.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: cglib conflict

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.
Howard,

To my knowledge the Groovy support is not dependent upon cglib. The
Groovy jar is bundled with parts of (or maybe all of it) Objectweb's
ASM. This seems also to be the case with cglib. So I assume this is
the conflict.

I think both the cglib and Groovy jars are available without bundled
ASM from ibiblio: groovy-1.0-beta-9.jar instead of
groovy-all-1.0-beta-9.jar and cglib-2.0.1.jar instead of
cglib-all-2.0.1.jar.

So we could add ASM as a separate jar. The question is just if the
Groovy and cglib jars are both compatible with the same ASM jar. This
is probably easiest to test :-)

--knut