Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Van Buskirk <tv...@scu.edu> on 2006/07/10 23:51:26 UTC

Artifact Version Variable not Converted into Number in Absolute Path

Hello everyone,

(I appreciate your help in advance)

I'm not sure whether this is a bug, or my problem, but I'm having troubles with one of my 3rd party jars (apache axis jaxrpc), as seen by the following error message:

[DEBUG]   axis:axis-jaxrpc:jar:1.1:provided (selected for provided)
[DEBUG]   axis:axis-wsdl4j:jar:1.5.1:provided (selected for provided)
[DEBUG] Trying repository maven-proxy
Downloading: http://localhost:9999/repository//axis/axis-jaxrpc/${axis-jaxrpc.version}/axis-jaxrpc-${axis-jaxrpc.version}.pom
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

Project ID: axis:axis-jaxrpc

Reason: Error getting POM for 'axis:axis-jaxrpc' from the repository: Error transferring file
  axis:axis-jaxrpc:pom:${axis-jaxrpc.version}

from the specified remote repositories:
  maven-proxy (http://localhost:9999/repository/)

The error message continues on, giving me a IOException 500 error later in the stack trace.

My thought, however, is that there is a problem with the above line:
http://localhost:9999/repository//axis/axis-jaxrpc/${axis-jaxrpc.version}/axis-jaxrpc-${axis-jaxrpc.version}.pom

Notice that in the line just before it, maven seems to recognize the version number (1.1)

In all of my past projects the ${blah.version} gets converted to the number that I specify in my parent pom.xml.  In this one, however, the ${blah.version} seems to not get converted.

The problem seems similar to:  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2049

but I don't think it's exactly the same.

Let me know if you need to see more.  Essentially, my settings.xml file has:

<axis-jaxrpc.version>1.1</axis-jaxrpc.version>

My pom.xml just points to that using:

<dependency>
      <groupId>axis</groupId>
      <artifactId>axis-jaxrpc</artifactId>
      <version>${axis-jaxrpc.version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

And as you can see, I'm running maven-proxy as my central mirror server.

Thanks for your help!!!

Tom