Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by eric <fs...@centurytel.net> on 2002/12/09 07:42:51 UTC

[users@httpd] 1 ip, 2 or 3 domain binding

is 1 ip address bind with 2 or 3 registered domain called virtual hostname?
I hope apache did serve this

do any one know there are doc or howto to configure apache to serve this
setting?

  it seem in linux, you can do binding by yourself, about in window?(of
course register must go to specific site to do, or we can do that my
ourself(unix as well as window?))

highly apprecaite your help

sincere Eric
www.linuxspice.com
linux pc for sale

Re: [users@httpd] 1 ip, 2 or 3 domain binding

Posted by Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>.
eric wrote:

>is 1 ip address bind with 2 or 3 registered domain called virtual hostname?
>I hope apache did serve this
>
>do any one know there are doc or howto to configure apache to serve this
>setting?
>
>  it seem in linux, you can do binding by yourself, about in window?(of
>course register must go to specific site to do, or we can do that my
>ourself(unix as well as window?))
>
>highly apprecaite your help

I have no idea why I'm answering you on this, since you obviously refuse
to follow suggestions[1], supply asked for details, or read the
appropriate documentation.  There has been considerable discussion on
this subject in this very forum.  Search the archives.  Here, for one
more time:

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/

RTFM--that stands for Read The Fucking Manual.  That address will take
you straight to the effing Manual.  Bookmark it.  When you have a
question, go there and RTFM.  When you've read the applicable sections
at least 3 times each, and you've actually tried to apply the
instructions, THEN, and only then, if you have problems, write back.

[1]  OK, you did lose the HTML in your email.  That's a Good Thing.

--
gt                         kk5st@sbcglobal.net
  Nielsen's First Law of Computer Manuals: