Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Leonardo Lagos <le...@tecnoxport.com.do> on 2005/07/19 22:25:56 UTC

Newbie: Does Tomcat 5.5.9 support JSP 2.2/1.1?

Hi,

I am new to servlets, and need to install one for some specific application.
This application requests tomcat 3.3.x, but looking at the page
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/index.html, I would like, of course, to
install the latest and greatest.

However, it is NOT clear, whether tc 5.5.x supports the old JSP versions.

In fact, if tomcat were backward compatible, there shoud NOT be other tomcat
versions available for download.

So, that makes me suspect that backward compatibility is not available on
the latest tomcat.

So, I would like someone here to clarify this question, and make my life
easier.

Regards,

Leo

RE: Newbie: Does Tomcat 5.5.9 support JSP 2.2/1.1?

Posted by Didier McGillis <co...@hotmail.com>.
Servlet/JSP Spec  2.4/2.0
Tomcat 5.5 uses the Jasper 2 JSP Engine to implement the JavaServer Pages
2.0 specification.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html