Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/06 10:45:25 UTC

[VOTE] 1.1.0 RC1

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the second candidate for release of Apache Kafka 1.1.0.

This is minor version release of Apache Kakfa. It Includes 29 new KIPs.
Please see the release plan for more details:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=71764913

A few highlights:

* Significant Controller improvements (much faster and session expiration
edge cases fixed)
* Data balancing across log directories (JBOD)
* More efficient replication when the number of partitions is large
* Dynamic Broker Configs
* Delegation tokens (KIP-48)
* Kafka Streams API improvements (KIP-205 / 210 / 220 / 224 / 239)

Release notes for the 1.1.0 release:
http://home.apache.org/~damianguy/kafka-1.1.0-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Friday, March 9th, 5pm PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~damianguy/kafka-1.1.0-rc1/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* Javadoc:
http://home.apache.org/~damianguy/kafka-1.1.0-rc1/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 1.1 branch) is the 1.1.0 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/tree/1.1.0-rc1

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/11/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/11/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 1.1 branch:
Unit/integration tests: https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-1.1-jdk7/68
System tests: https://jenkins.confluent.io/job/system-test-kafka/job/1.1/30/

/**************************************

Thanks,