Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by yeliang wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/18 05:39:04 UTC

[DISCUSS] Some thoughts on the integration of Apache APISIX and Spring Cloud ecosystem

Hi, community,
My name is Yeliang Wang, and I am Apache APISIX Committer.
When communicating with some enterprises, especially financial enterprises
that use the Java language more often, we usually talk about two questions:

   1. We now use spring cloud and use spring cloud gateway to handle
   east-west traffic.
   2. Although Apache APIs IX now has a Java plugin and supports Eureka,
   most plugins are written by Lua. Our engineers are not familiar with Lua,
   which makes it difficult for us to expand our functions.

Java language, especially spring cloud, has many application scenarios and
a large group of engineers. Therefore, I would like to initiate the
following discussion:

   1. After supporting Eureka, what else can apisik do with the spring
   cloud ecosystem?
   2. Can apisix be used as the gateway of spring cloud in the future
   development, so that developers using spring cloud will also consider
   Apache apisix to handle the east-west traffic of the system in addition to
   choosing spring cloud gateway and zuul2?

These are my personal thoughts. Welcome friends from the community to
participate in the discussion.
Thanks,
Yeliang Wang, Apache APISIX Committer
Github: wang-yeliang, Twitter: @WYeliang

Re: [DISCUSS] Some thoughts on the integration of Apache APISIX and Spring Cloud ecosystem

Posted by yeliang wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Great advice!

Now apisik supports Eureka, which brings convenience to the later work.

Zhongming Hua <cr...@apache.org> 于2021年11月19日周五 上午10:09写道:

Posted by ZhengSong Tu <tz...@gmail.com>.
On a project level, we could use this project to wrap APISIX, expose
configuration files and exist as a member of the Spring Cloud ecosystem.
But this doesn't solve the problem of writing plugins in the Java language.
For example, if I use Spring Cloud Gateway, then I would write a lot of
Filters, but spring-cloud-starter-apisix can only use the native
capabilities of APISIX.
A possible solution is the APISIX Java Plugin Runner, if the APISIX Java
Plugin Runner is built into spring-cloud-starter-apisix and the Filter
chain is exposed, then the plugins can be written in the Java language.

*ZhengSong Tu*
My GitHub: https://github.com/tzssangglass
//github.com/apache/apisix <https://github.com/apache/apisix>

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
> Yep, how can I revert the email? XD

Hi, we cannot recall a sent mmail from the mail server :) (You could search
the Mail Mechanism if you're interested)

Anyway, it doesn't matter :) Let's use the correct mail thread.

Best Regards!
@ Zhiyuan Ju <https://github.com/juzhiyuan>

Tsangleslie <le...@icloud.com.invalid> 于2021年11月19日周五 上午10:20写道:

Posted by Tsangleslie <le...@icloud.com.INVALID>.