Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Mark Secrist <ms...@pivotal.io> on 2015/12/17 14:17:44 UTC

Interesting Windows problem with export cluster-configuration command

I'm seeing an issue with running the export cluster-configuration command
on a Windows environment.

Basic setup:
- start 1 locator and 4 servers
- create regions
- invoke the following:

gfsh>export cluster-configuration --zip-file-name=myExport.zip
Locator  | Error
-------- |

locator1 | C:\marktest\locator1\cluster_config\cluster-config-2015-12-17
06:12:38.108.zip (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
incorr..

The actual details get chopped off, but I think the problem may be in the
initial zip file that gets created. I suspect it's invalid for a Windows
environment. I don't see the same problem on Mac/Linux. Any thoughts?

--

*Mark Secrist | Sr Manager, **Global Education Delivery*

msecrist@pivotal.io

970.214.4567 Mobile

  *pivotal.io <http://www.pivotal.io/>*

Follow Us: Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/pivotal> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/pivotalsoftware> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pivotalsoftware> | YouTube
<http://www.youtube.com/gopivotal> | Google+
<https://plus.google.com/105320112436428794490>

Re: Interesting Windows problem with export cluster-configuration command

Posted by Jens Deppe <jd...@pivotal.io>.
It seems that the colons (:) in the name are the issue. I've created a Jira
for this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-695

--Jens