Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by 尹文才 <ba...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/09 06:05:22 UTC

NiFi data HA in cluster mode

Hi guys, I have a question about data HA when NiFi is run in clustered
mode, if one node goes down, will the flowfiles owned by this node taken
over and processed by another node?
Or will the flowfiles be kept locally to that node and will only be
processed when that node is back online? Thanks.

Regards,
Ben

Re: NiFi data HA in cluster mode

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
That is a fair point Brett - i wasnt thinking of that when I answer
but that is a good point.  Then again we should create those
connections lazily so if we don't i'd call that a bug :)

Ben

Yeah there is definitely intent to provide distributed data durability
across nodes.  This is especially important as it serves as a great
way to support elastic clustering behavior.

I'm not sure HDFS as the backing store is best and we all have to keep
in mind we must ensure distributed durability of flowfile, content,
and provenance.  That might mean application level replication similar
to what Apache Kafka does.  That might mean distributed durable block
storage and then deciding which node is responsible for processing a
given set of data at a time.  There are a lot of ways to slice this
and they all offer different tradeoffs.

Posted by Brett Ryan <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 尹文才 <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joe, I will try to avoid to set processor to primary node. By the
way, I've seen someone posted suggestion about Data HA in NiFi's
wiki(HDFSContentRepository), is there a plan for that feature to be
implemented and included in NiFi?

Regards,
Ben

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.