Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Schumeyer <rs...@ieee.org> on 2006/12/05 20:18:29 UTC

very basic bean/iterator question

I'm slowly improving with struts, but have a basic question.

I query a database using hibernate, which returns a List.

On the other end, I have a jsp page that displays the result.  I know
that the jsp can access beans using tags like logic:iterate and  bean:write.

(Here is the dumb question:) Can a List be used directly as a bean in a
jsp page?  Currently I am copying the contents of the List into my own
bean that contains an ArrayList.  The jsp then gets the ArrayList from
the bean and iterates over it.  It would obviously be more efficient to
do away with the intermediate bean and just use the List.  I'm just not
sure if I can do that, and if I can, what would be the proper use of the
jsp tags?