Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Julien Vermillard <jv...@apache.org> on 2008/04/23 11:40:43 UTC

NPE while tring to deploy a bundle from my obr

Hi,

I'm using maven bnd plugin for generating my local obr repository.

I'm using the following command on my top level parent pom.xml :
mvn install -DremoteOBR org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:1.4.0:deploy

Everything is deployed using scp to my obr, but when I try to use it I
got the following error :

-> obr add-url http://192.168.0.200/repo/repository.xml
-> obr list
everything look ok here..

then when I try to deploy :

-> obr deploy "Archean Technologies Redundancy"
Unable to execute command: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.ResourceImpl.hashCode(ResourceImpl.java:80)
        at java.util.HashMap.getEntry(HashMap.java:344)
        at java.util.HashMap.containsKey(HashMap.java:335)
        at java.util.HashSet.contains(HashSet.java:184)
        at org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:159)
        at org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:196)
        at org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:134)
        at org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.ObrCommandImpl._deploy(ObrCommandImpl.java:327)
        at org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.ObrCommandImpl.deploy(ObrCommandImpl.java:301)
        at org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.ObrCommandImpl.execute(ObrCommandImpl.java:111)
        at org.apache.felix.shell.impl.Activator$ShellServiceImpl.executeCommand(Activator.java:276)
        at org.apache.felix.shell.tui.Activator$ShellTuiRunnable.run(Activator.java:167)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I'm using felix last trunk.

Would you like to see my repository.xml too ?

Julien

RE: NPE while tring to deploy a bundle from my obr

Posted by an...@orange-ftgroup.com.
Hi Julien,
I've run in similar problems when one of the bundles already installed was missing the symbolic name information.
(hashCode is computed from the symbolic name and version information).
Just check the headers of already installed bundles.
Cheers,
Anne
I'm using maven bnd plugin for generating my local obr repository.

I'm using the following command on my top level parent pom.xml :
mvn install -DremoteOBR org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:1.4.0:deploy

Everything is deployed using scp to my obr, but when I try to use it I got the following error :

-> obr add-url http://192.168.0.200/repo/repository.xml
-> obr list
everything look ok here..

then when I try to deploy :

-> obr deploy "Archean Technologies Redundancy"
Unable to execute command: java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.
You are right Anne, I got an installed bundle without Bundle-SymbolicName.
Thanks for the help.

Julien

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.