Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2007/11/01 23:52:43 UTC

Re: Any libtool/autoconf guru have 20 minutes to hack?

Henry Jen wrote:
> Attached is a patch giving the -version-info, works for me.
>
> However, I am not sure if this is enough, as in ccs/ces, the libtool
> is called with -avoid-version, which makes me suspicious the version
> is left out on purpose.

No - it wasn't thought out.

The avoid dodge is deliberate, and good.  Right now we would have been
binding to .0 or .0.0.0.  So the dodge stays, and all is good.

But thanks for the patch, committed for 1.2.2, so that we have a hope
looking at some random lib/ directory exactly what had been installed
in there.

Bill