Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/22 08:07:18 UTC

Persistence, session, or bean reload.

hello every one:
I am having a look at hibernate and I think it's neat. however, is there
away to temporary persist an object in struts2 without using hibernate.
For example, If a site admin needs to edit users profiles (ie. add ,
remove permissions or any other kind of updates) then the user profile's
properties will be  loaded from the DB, then edited and committed back,
and the changes will be viewed. In order to view the changes I have to
persist the object or reload it from the DB to reflect the changes or
store it in a session. I would like to know if there's any way around
this. For example in .net which very similar to jsf I can achieve the
update and display the modified object easily. Is there a technique to
do this in struts2 or webwork in a similar way? The object contains many
properties and I wouldn't want to have a field for every property in
order ot pupulate them again in a bean.
Any hints ?

Re: Persistence, session, or bean reload.

Posted by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com>.
OK I found what I am looking for, but I am missing something.
Basically I need to be able to post back to an action. How do I check if
the request is post back or not.