Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Brian Munroe <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/22 19:14:49 UTC

Embedding AMQ in JBoss as a compressed RAR

First, apologies up front for asking a question that is weighted more
heavily in the JBoss world then AMQ, but I thought maybe someone had
run across this before...

I am attempting to embed AMQ in JBoss.  I have it working great as an
exploded RAR.  The problem comes when I try to zip it up and deploy
it.

I get the following exception:

10:07:14,332 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment:
file:/home/brian/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy/activemq-rar-5.2.0.rar
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Could not find meta data
META-INF/ra.xml for deployment
file:/home/brian/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy/activemq-rar-5.2.0.rar

I know that the ra.xml file is there - it works fine with the
unexploded version.  I'm not a JBoss expert, but I've also tried
dissecting other working RAR files and I don't see any difference.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

thanks

-- brian