Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Chris Baumgartner <ch...@agfa.com> on 2006/12/06 21:14:43 UTC

Reply-to value getting changed?

Hello,

I have an application that is using James 2.2.0. The hostname of the server
that James is on is pretty cryptic, so we have set up an alias for it that
is much more user friendly.

However, whenever James sends mail, it seems to be changing the "Reply-to"
value. For example, if I send a mail with:

Reply-to:name@friendlyname.com

When I receive the email, the Reply-to is:

Reply-to:name@crypticname.com

James is configured so that the user friendly name is in the servernames,
and it is not autodetecting the host name. I've even telneted in to the smtp
server and created a mail by hand, and it still does it.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks.

- Chris