Posted to dev@sedona.apache.org by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org> on 2020/09/04 18:00:01 UTC

Disable GitHub Issues and use JIRA

Hello folks,

I am setting up the Sedona GitHub repo. Since we are using JIRA tickets (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SEDONA/issues/?filter=allopenissues)
to manage all PRs and Issues, should we disable the GitHub "Issues" tag?
just like what Spark does: https://github.com/apache/spark

I prefer to disable the "Issues" on GitHub otherwise we may end up having
users post issues in two separate places, which is difficult to track.
Before I disable it, we may need to create the corresponding copies on JIRA
for some important GitHub issues.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jia

Re: Disable GitHub Issues and use JIRA

Posted by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org>.
I believe we can make it clear on the Sedona website and explain how to
submit issues or bug reports on JIRA.

Thanks,
Jia

Posted by Mo Sarwat <th...@gmail.com>.