Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by ma qiang <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/11 02:54:27 UTC

how many maps in a map task?

hi all,
    I hava a data set stored in hbase, and I run a mapreduce program
to analyze. Now I want to know how many maps in a map task?
    I want to use the number of the maps in my program. For
example.  There are 100 maps in a map task, and I want to collect all
the values, and analyze these values then output the last result in
the last map.
   Generally, there is no ouput in the first 99 maps, only output exists
in the last map. So I should know how many maps in a map task and use
it in my code.

Thanks a lot.

yours qiang.

Re: how many maps in a map task?