Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org> on 2010/08/06 21:25:47 UTC

new patches for review

Hi devs,
I've uploaded new patches for some EJB3.1 features...

When you have time, code-review these guys for me, please.
[]s,
Thiago.

Re: new patches for review

Posted by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org>.
Done... Sorry, Jean-Louis.
[]s,
Thiago

Re: new patches for review

Re: new patches for review

Posted by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org>.
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <
jean-louis.monteiro@atosorigin.com> wrote:

> No problem Jarek.
> I was actually starting working on, but I have some doubts regarding the
> spec.
>
> @Thiago, @Jarek:
> - what's your understanding regarding the spec? I mean do we need to call
> remove methods, etc (see StatefulContainer#timedOut method )?

Hmmmm... nice catch: Yes, I think so. :O)

> - regarding a Gurkan's post, is it relevant to create deamon threads only?

I didnt check the cache yet. The idea about using the thread is to remove
the bean as soon as it is timedout by using the ScheduledExecutorService
object. Here, I'm not sure about how to manage the number of threads.

> - after creating a new Instance, shouldn't be necessary to have a timeout
> set before calling #scheduleRelease?

The timeout value should come from the CoreDeploymentInfo object. I
just realized that my testCase is not testing the default StatefulTimeout
value (from spec: "If a stateful session bean timeout is not designated
using this standard metadata, the container determines when to end the
lifetime of the bean, possibly based on vendor-specific configuration.")

tkx, Jean-Louis!

[]s,
Thiago.

Re: new patches for review

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>.
No problem Jarek.
I was actually starting working on, but I have some doubts regarding the
spec.

@Thiago, @Jarek:
- what's your understanding regarding the spec? I mean do we need to call
remove methods, etc (see StatefulContainer#timedOut method )?

- regarding a Gurkan's post, is it relevant to create deamon threads only?

- after creating a new Instance, shouldn't be necessary to have a timeout
set before calling #scheduleRelease?

Anyway, thanks Thiago. It was interesting digging on that topic.

Jean-Louis

Re: new patches for review

Posted by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org>.
Ok... tkx.