Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/29 11:21:45 UTC

[VOTE] Release HDT version 0.0.1.incubating (RC2)

Hi,

I would like to call for a vote for Apache Hadoop Development Tools
(incubating), version 0.0.1.incubating. The vote has happened of the dev
mailing list and the community has approved the third release
candidate(RC2) for Apache Hadoop Development Tools (incubating), version
0.0.1.incubating.The release has Zookeper and HDFS features from the
*hadoop-eclipse-merge* codebase.The issues raised for RC0 and RC1 have been
addressed in this release.

1 IPMC votes have already been cast:
  Roman Shaposhnik (mentor)

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Hadoop Development Tools
0.0.1.incubating.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HDT 0.0.1.incubating
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

PPMC Vote thread :
http://apache.markmail.org/message/sqerudh5emqzqfrg

Vote Result :
http://apache.markmail.org/message/rvskqqernk4fmumt

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~rsharma/hdt-0.0.1.incubating-rc2/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hdt.git;a=commit;h=02f75eda16a8b91f0b35abad9487a9c83fd4c8d6

PGP keys used to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hdt/KEYS

Some guideline to verify release can be found at :
http://apache.markmail.org/message/qj3srhvozapbwmq6

regards,
Rahul

Re: [VOTE] Release HDT version 0.0.1.incubating (RC2)

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mirko,

Thanks for voting again :) Your vote made us pass the PPMC vote ! I started
the IPMC vote on general@i.a.o and just keeping the dev list in loop. I am
hoping that we should be able to sail through it this time.

regards,
Rahul

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The Vote is already 4 days old and we still require 2 more votes from the
IPMC.

regards
Rahul

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 4 December 2013 03:29, Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Sebb for explaining out in detail, since this is our first release I
> think we would require some guidance. We would fix the LICENSE and the
> NOTICE but there a few questions, in the same regard.
>
> This an eclipse plugin so we are using other Eclipse libs like EMF[1].
> These are based on EPL. The libs are not shipped because the eclipse
> runtime environment  takes care of them. Do they need a mention in the
> LICENSE/NOTICE ?

As I already wrote, only bits that are *included* in a distribution
need to be mentioned in the relevant N&L.

> Also the project is build using Tycho[2],  does it require to mention the
> same in LICENSE/NOTICE ?

See above.

You can / should mention these external requirements somewhere, e.g.
in a README or BUILDING file.

Note that there are some restrictions on 3rd party dependencies --
whether included or not.
See http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

But the N&L files are only about *included* bits.

[Your mentors should really have been able to guide you on this, but I
see that only one bothered to vote on the podling list.]

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.