Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Martin Smith <mf...@erols.com> on 2003/01/02 01:03:18 UTC

DSML activity?

Does Axis know about DSMLv2?  Does it recognize BatchRequests, etc?
 Serialize and de-serialize to corresponding JNDI objects?  Is anyone
planning to do this?

I'm trying to make a web service from an existing LDAP directory, and
between the Sun DSMLv2 JNDI provider and the Axis handlers I thought it
might be mostly out-of-the-box.

TIA,

Martin

Re: DSML activity?

Posted by Martin Smith <mf...@erols.com>.
Anne--Sounds like a lead I need to check on.  Just what I was trolling
for: the possibility that "it's been done"!

Thanks again, and I'll report back on progress . . .

Martin

PS--I'm not thinking of abandoning Axis.  This is just one rather
specialized W-S project!

RE: DSML activity?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
You might find the GLUE schema2java tool useful.
One other tool that you might want to try is Cape Clear Studio. It includes
a visual XML to Java mapping tool that generates serialization routines.
It's particularly nice if you need to map between pre-existing XML schemas
and Java objects.

Axis uses SAX, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Anne

Re: DSML activity?

Posted by Martin Smith <mf...@erols.com>.
Anne--