Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com> on 2015/11/10 22:21:20 UTC

Tomcat Ports

Hello,

I am using Tomcat 8.0.24 as an embedded server.  When I run my application I've noticed that in addition to the HTTP port I specified (7001) it is also listening on several other:

1099 - this appears to be for JMX
2000 -
4211
35810 - this changes when I restart the application

I started up a pearl script that listened on 1099 200 and 4211 and tomcat was still able to start up.  I did see one message logged that tomcat couldn't connect to a JMX port on 1099.

I've searched around and cannot find any reference to these ports.  Does anybody know why tomcat is listening on these ports and if I can disable them?

Thanks,
   Dave

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain sensitive information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.

RE: Tomcat Ports

Posted by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com>.
You are right.  I removed our webaps and now I don't see those ports in use.  I will do more digging, though, because when I run using an embedded Jetty webserver I don't see them.
I'll reply back if I have any more questions.

Thanks,
   Dave

On Wed, November 11, 2015 8:21 am, Tauzell, Dave wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Tomcat 8.0.24 as an embedded server.  When I run my
> application I've noticed that in addition to the HTTP port I specified
> (7001) it is also listening on several other:
>
> 1099 - this appears to be for JMX
> 2000 -
> 4211
> 35810 - this changes when I restart the application

Hi Dave,

It sounds like your application is listening on those ports, not Tomcat.
Run Tomcat without the application deployed to confirm.

Cheers, Ben

Re: Tomcat Ports

Posted by "patrycio ." <pa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry i cant help