Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com> on 2008/02/05 17:06:26 UTC

How to force a retrieval without using maven

Hi all,

Is there a simple way to test whether Archiva can retrieve a certain
artifact from the central maven repository without going through all the
Maven client-side configuration?

I was thinking just to point my browser at the Archiva repository with
the URL of a non-existent artifact to see if this will force it to be
retrieved from central, but this just gave me a 404 error.   I am using
the default internal repository and remote proxies as configured out of
the box.

TIA,

Carlton