Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Eric Hauser <eh...@indiana.edu> on 2003/06/05 06:24:42 UTC

Nested forEach tags

I'm writing a struts application where two attributes are put in the
request and sent to a jsp: casesResult and chargeMap (casesResult is
anArrayList and chargeMap is an
org.apache.commons.collections.MultiHashMap).

<c:forEach items="${casesResult}" var="cases">
        <!-- print some info from each cases bean casesResult
ArrayList -->
        <c:forEach items="${chargeMap[cases.caseid]}" var="charges">
        <!-- print info in ArrayList retrieve from chargeMap with key
        value from the current instance of cases using field caseid.
-->
        </c:forEach>
</c:forEach>

Two questions ---
I keep getting the following error:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
/java/tomcat/webapps/custodyinformation/profile.jsp(68,3) Unable to
load
class null

This is the line for the first forEach tag. I know that casesResult is
sent in the request not equal to null. So, I'm not sure why this isn't
working. I tried using ${requestScope.casesResult}, and I even tried
setting the attributes in the session and using
${sessionScope.casesResult}

Also, since I have not been able to test it yet, is my method of
nesting
the other forEach tag the proper way to achieve my goal?. Thanks in
advance.