Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by EDV Systembetrieb <ED...@dsd-ag.de> on 2001/10/30 13:07:58 UTC

use JDBCRealm with MD5

Hi everybody,
I setup Tomcat 3 with JDBCRealm and a mysql-database. Using plain passwords, everything works fine. But would like to digest my password in the database.
I tried java org.apache.tomcat.modules.aaa.JDBCRealm -a MD5 mypassword
but I get an error: exeption in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDeffoundError: /org/apache/tomcat/modules/aaa/JDBCRealm
I also tried the path, where JDBCReal.java is, but it does not work.

Also I used mysql MD()-function for creating a password, but I can not login.

Any hints??
For more informations please mailto: edv.systembetrieb@dsd-ag.de
Thanks Sabine