Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1997/07/02 05:51:31 UTC

HPUX and rlim_t and SELECT_NEEDS_CAST

As of what version does HPUX have rlim_t?  10.0? 10.10?  I know it is
there in 10.20, but don't know about earlier 10.x...

What about SELECT_NEEDS_CAST?  From what I know, it needs
SELECT_NEEDS_CAST for every version before 10.20, so I am making a patch
to do that properly and I want to fit rlim_t exactly where it should be
too...

Re: HPUX and rlim_t and SELECT_NEEDS_CAST

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
>
> > As of what version does HPUX have rlim_t?  10.0? 10.10?  I know it is
> > there in 10.20, but don't know about earlier 10.x...
>
> It isn't there in 9.04. IIRC, HP has a pretty good tech support site that
> you can use to find these things out if you look hard enough.

Hmm.  Very hard, yes.  I can find odd bits of patches that fix parts of
things (eg. fix their broken select; if you include time.h instead of
sys/time.h, the old prototype is still supposed to be used... sigh), but
not any definitive info yet.  Sigh, will keep looking later if their site
becomes faster than a turtle with no legs.

Cool, HPUX supports 60k file descriptors per process.

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.