Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Henri Delebecque <He...@supelec.fr> on 2001/03/06 09:43:20 UTC

wheris @INC defined ?

hello,

I'm a mod_perl newbie, trying to install it on an apache server
on a Digital-Unix platform.

I have succeded, with problems, to make a mod_perl lib.
Unfortunately, when I launch the apache server, it fails with
an error message telling that it can't locate Apache.pm in @INC.
More strangely, it says that @INC contains
/u/richm/QXZ-OSF/nsPerl5.005_03/lib/alpha-dec-osf.../webmaster/apache,
when the apache dierctory is in fact /webmaster/apache_1.3.19
(the /webmaster/apache is the operationnal version of the server)

I think that something has not been set during the make phase.
any hints ?

Thanks a lot

| Henri Delebecque                        delebecq@supelec.fr |
| Webmaster                                                   |
| Supelec                          Tel (33)  01.69.85.14.91   |
| 3 rue Joliot-Curie                                          |
| Plateau de Moulon                 Fax:(33) 01.69.85.12.34   |
| 91190 Gif sur Yvette                                        |
| FRANCE                                                      |

[OT] Re: wheris @INC defined ?

Posted by ___cliff rayman___ <cl...@genwax.com>.
that's Config.pm.
which one of the variables would u change? sitelib and sitearch??

--
___cliff rayman___cliff@genwax.com___http://www.genwax.com/

Re: wheris @INC defined ?

Posted by Paul Cotter <pr...@bellsouth.net>.
To: "Henri Delebecque" <He...@supelec.fr>
Cc: <mo...@apache.org>

Re: wheris @INC defined ?

Posted by "Karl M. Hegbloom" <ka...@microsharp.com>.

    Henri> I'm a mod_perl newbie, trying to install it on an apache server
    Henri> on a Digital-Unix platform.

    Henri> I have succeded, with problems, to make a mod_perl lib.
    Henri> Unfortunately, when I launch the apache server, it fails with
    Henri> an error message telling that it can't locate Apache.pm in @INC.
    Henri> More strangely, it says that @INC contains
    Henri> /u/richm/QXZ-OSF/nsPerl5.005_03/lib/alpha-dec-osf.../webmaster/apache,
    Henri> when the apache dierctory is in fact /webmaster/apache_1.3.19
    Henri> (the /webmaster/apache is the operationnal version of the server)

    Henri> I think that something has not been set during the make phase.
    Henri> any hints ?

 Looks like you misconfigured the build in some way.  I've found that
 I can learn quite a lot about how to build a particular peice of
 software by downloading the Debian GNU/Linux source package for it
 and looking over what the packager did to get it configured and built
 right.  There's a search page at http://www.debian.org, under "Packages".

--
mailto: (Karl M. Hegbloom) karlheg@microsharp.com
http://www.microsharp.com

Re: wheris @INC defined ?

Posted by ___cliff rayman___ <cl...@genwax.com>.
i believe it is originally defined at compile time.
do a:
perl -V

and it will show you the compiled in perl lib locations..

you can place this at the top of your code b4 the other use directives:
use lib "/u/richm/QXZ-OSF/nsPerl5.005_03/lib/alpha-dec-osf.../webmaster/apache_1.3.19";

and it will add this to the library list for the runtime of the routine it is used in.

or u can try this (i haven't - so may the force be with u):
cd /u/richm/QXZ-OSF/nsPerl5.005_03/lib/alpha-dec-osf.../webmaster && ln -s apache apache_1.3.19

hth,