Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1997/01/15 18:15:13 UTC

Re: "Tenon brings Apache server to Mac"

Alexei Kosut wrote:

> http://www.macweek.com/mw_1103/gw_tenon.html
>
> Hmm. Sounds interesting. I guess they're expecting us to finish Apache
> 1.2 "this quarter" then :)

Curious that it can't be found on Tenon's own Web pages...

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: "Tenon brings Apache server to Mac"

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Alexei Kosut wrote:
> >
> > http://www.macweek.com/mw_1103/gw_tenon.html
> >
> > Hmm. Sounds interesting. I guess they're expecting us to finish Apache
> > 1.2 "this quarter" then :)
>
> Curious that it can't be found on Tenon's own Web pages...

Yeah, but it's still likely true. MacWEEK has a reputation for
announcing things months before the companies involved really wanted
to (they've been referred to at times as MacLEAK).

At any rate, the Tenon product is interesting, but not much,
technically. They already make a UNIX (MachTen) that runs on top of
the MacOS; they've just made a custom version of it that only works
with Apache, and doesn't have all the "UNIX" stuff, put in Apache with
some custom modules (to run WebSTAR API modules, Mac CGIs, whatever),
and are selling it.

It's an interesting project, though. Maybe I can get them to give me a
free copy. Wonder if it's worth a try...

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>      The Apache HTTP Server