Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2003/12/19 21:12:06 UTC

[VOTE][RESULT] Promote Configuration to Commons Proper

At this point there have been 7 +1 votes and no -1 votes for promoting the
Configuration project to Commons proper.

The +1 votes were cast by:
Tim O'Brien
Yoav Shapira
Matthew Hawthorne
Henri Yandell
Robert Donkin
Noel Bergman
Stephen Colebourne

At this point I would like to move the code over and have just two issues:

1) I'm not a commons committer!  Ack!  Would someone like to nominate me?
Aside from Configuration, I have contributed to the BeanUtils project
(BeanComparator.java) and the HttpUtils projects.  I am also currently
involved in the Turbine and Maven projects.

2) The actual move! I'm personally not too concerned about the history, and
don't mind if it gets deleted.  Are the docs here:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?MovingFromSandboxToProper up to
date?  I'm not much more then a newbie at CVS, so if those docs are uptodate
I could try it...

I am very excited about the prospect of cutting a 1.0 release of
Configuration so we can move on to all the other interesting ideas bubbling
about for Configuration...

Eric Pugh

Re: [VOTE] Eric Pugh - new committer

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
+1 ... frankly, I've always assumed that graduating a sandbox component to
commons proper always meant any new committers would be added as well -- but
it's better to make this explicit.

Craig

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.
Yes, and another +1 from myself.

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, __matthewHawthorne wrote:

> +1
>

> Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> > Well extended rights committer, as he is already well known from the sandbox
> > and elsewhere :-)
> > This vote formalises his rights in commons proper.
> >
> > [ ] +1, let him commit in Jakarta Commons Proper
> > [ ] 0
> > [ ] -1, perhaps not, because....

----------------------
Tim O'Brien
Evanston, IL
(847) 863-7045
tobrien@discursive.com

Re: [VOTE] Eric Pugh - new committer

Posted by __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>.
+1

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
+1

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Karma request - Eric Pugh - new committer

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Quoting Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>:

> Well, with lots of votes and questions ovr whether we need a vote, I move
> this vote is +1.
>
> Can someone here set the necessary karma please? or does it need to go to
> root.

Done.

> Stephen

Craig

[VOTE][RESULT] Karma request - Eric Pugh - new committer

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Looks good that he's already a committer. +1 anyway though.

Hen

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.