Posted to dev@senssoft.apache.org by "Poore, Joshua C." <jp...@draper.com> on 2016/10/13 14:14:38 UTC

Sprint Review Notes 10/11/2016

All-

Moving forward, I'll be posting Sprint Review Notes following our weekly meetings to keep the dev list informed of updates, blockers, and other things coming from Apache SensSoft.

In the dev teams' last sprint review, we discussed the remainder of the work needed to complete our Jenkins' Builds. It looks like userale.js, userale.pyqt5, and distill are getting there quickly, if not already completed. We've finished developments to TAP's backend, and we're working on repo clean-up. A Jenkin's build of TAP will come next. These are the priorities for getting to a SensSoft v1.0.0 release before the end of the quarter.

STOUT is a peripheral project to the core SensSoft application suite. We will investigate how/if this requires a Jenkins build based on its deployment scheme. That being said, we are planning on making ensuring QA and stability of STOUT this quarter.

The dev team is strongly considering deprecating UserALEv3. UserALEv3 is a code base that other versions of UserALE (.pyqt5, .js) drew from heavily. However, as both .pyqt5 and .js operate as a client service rather than a simple API (v3 still requires a fully manual instrumentation process), and offer manual logging options, UserALEv3 is now old hat and doesn't cover use cases beyond what .js already covers better. @Lewis and Champions, any thoughts or concerns with deprecating UserALEv3 and instead lobbying for adoption of .js and .pyqt5?

Josh

Joshua C. Poore, Ph.D.
Senior Member of the Technical Staff
Draper
555 Technology Square, Rm. 2242
Cambridge, MA 02139-3563
Phone: (617) 258-4023<tel:%28617%29%20258-4023>
Cell: (617) 352-1700<tel:%28617%29%20258-4023>
Email[1]: jpoore@draper.com<ma...@draper.com>
Email[2]: poorejc@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>
Participate in Operation XDATA: http://xdataonline.com<http://xdataonline.com/>!

Notice: This email and any attachments may contain proprietary (Draper non-public) and/or export-controlled information of Draper. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately destroy all copies of this email.