Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Florent Ouchet <ou...@laposte.net> on 2007/03/19 18:16:09 UTC

How to dump only a part of a repository

Hi all,

I would like to dump only a part of an existing repository (just the
trunk, no tags or branches). Is it possible? If not, would it be a good
feature request?
something like: svnadmin dump -r REV --mask trunk/* /path/to/my/repo

Regards,

Florent

Re: How to dump only a part of a repository

Posted by Florent Ouchet <ou...@laposte.net>.
Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
> I believe svnadmin dump can only dump the entire repository, but you can
> pipe that though svndumpfilter to extract just the portion you want to
> save to a file.

thanks, that worked:

svnadmin dump /myexistingrepo | svndumpfilter exclude tags |
svndumpfilter exclude branches | svnadmin load /mynewrepo

Re: How to dump only a part of a repository

Posted by Florent Ouchet <ou...@laposte.net>.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.