Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2008/11/14 21:51:12 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Carl Trieloff wrote:

> It is with the support of our mentors and a community vote on our dev
> list that Qpid
> would like to graduate. In our last graduation vote the incubator PMC
> felt that the
> Qpid project should increase its diversity. Over the intervening
> months Qpid has
> added more independents to the project & PPMC, bringing the diversity
> to 7 legally
> independent parties (not counting those mentors who will stay on to
> help advise), with
> the PPMC diversity at 5 legally independent parties (also not counting
> mentors).
>
> Qpid also continues to attract more contributors (both independents
> and large corporates),
> so the committer pool and diversity should continue to expand as
> contributors are voted
> in as committers.
>
> Qpid has also made an additional release since the last graduation
> attempt and is currently
> working through close down of the next release. Qpid was accepted into
> the incubator
> August 2006.

Binding - names listed at: http://incubator.apache.org/whoweare.html

(8 +1 binding)

Niall Pemberton niall.pemberton@gmail.com
Martijn Dashorst martijn.dashorst@gmail.com
Bertrand Delacretaz bdelacretaz@apache.org
Jim Jagielski jim@jaguNET.com
Craig L Russell  Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
Yoav Shapira yoavs@apache.org
Paul Fremantle pzfreo@gmail.com
Ant Elder ant.elder@gmail.com

(2 +1 non-binding)

Daniel Kulp dkulp@apache.org
Luciano Resende luckbr1975@gmail.com

no (0 or -1 votes)

Many thanks to all those involved and that voted on the community vote
etc... I will now
pass the resolution onto the board.

Carl.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Many thanks to our mentors,
Carl.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Many thanks to our mentors,
Carl.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>
>> It is with the support of our mentors and a community vote on our dev list
>> that Qpid
>> would like to graduate. In our last graduation vote the incubator PMC felt
>> that the
>> Qpid project should increase its diversity. Over the intervening months
>> Qpid has
>> added more independents to the project & PPMC, bringing the diversity to 7
>> legally
>> independent parties (not counting those mentors who will stay on to help
>> advise), with
>> the PPMC diversity at 5 legally independent parties (also not counting
>> mentors).
>>
>> Qpid also continues to attract more contributors (both independents and
>> large corporates),
>> so the committer pool and diversity should continue to expand as
>> contributors are voted
>> in as committers.
>>
>> Qpid has also made an additional release since the last graduation attempt
>> and is currently
>> working through close down of the next release. Qpid was accepted into the
>> incubator
>> August 2006.
>>

> Binding - names listed at: http://incubator.apache.org/whoweare.html
>
> (8 +1 binding)
>
> Niall Pemberton niall.pemberton@gmail.com
> Martijn Dashorst martijn.dashorst@gmail.com
> Bertrand Delacretaz bdelacretaz@apache.org
> Jim Jagielski jim@jaguNET.com
> Craig L Russell  Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
> Yoav Shapira yoavs@apache.org
> Paul Fremantle pzfreo@gmail.com
> Ant Elder ant.elder@gmail.com
>
> (2 +1 non-binding)
>
> Daniel Kulp dkulp@apache.org
> Luciano Resende luckbr1975@gmail.com
>
> no (0 or -1 votes)
>
> Many thanks to all those involved and that voted on the community vote
> etc... I will now
> pass the resolution onto the board.
>
> Carl.

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Qpid Graduation - for top level

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>
>> It is with the support of our mentors and a community vote on our dev list
>> that Qpid
>> would like to graduate. In our last graduation vote the incubator PMC felt
>> that the
>> Qpid project should increase its diversity. Over the intervening months
>> Qpid has
>> added more independents to the project & PPMC, bringing the diversity to 7
>> legally
>> independent parties (not counting those mentors who will stay on to help
>> advise), with
>> the PPMC diversity at 5 legally independent parties (also not counting
>> mentors).
>>
>> Qpid also continues to attract more contributors (both independents and
>> large corporates),
>> so the committer pool and diversity should continue to expand as
>> contributors are voted
>> in as committers.
>>
>> Qpid has also made an additional release since the last graduation attempt
>> and is currently
>> working through close down of the next release. Qpid was accepted into the
>> incubator
>> August 2006.
>>

> Binding - names listed at: http://incubator.apache.org/whoweare.html
>
> (8 +1 binding)
>
> Niall Pemberton niall.pemberton@gmail.com
> Martijn Dashorst martijn.dashorst@gmail.com
> Bertrand Delacretaz bdelacretaz@apache.org
> Jim Jagielski jim@jaguNET.com
> Craig L Russell  Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
> Yoav Shapira yoavs@apache.org
> Paul Fremantle pzfreo@gmail.com
> Ant Elder ant.elder@gmail.com
>
> (2 +1 non-binding)
>
> Daniel Kulp dkulp@apache.org
> Luciano Resende luckbr1975@gmail.com
>
> no (0 or -1 votes)
>
> Many thanks to all those involved and that voted on the community vote
> etc... I will now
> pass the resolution onto the board.
>
> Carl.

Paul Fremantle