Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au> on 2002/02/20 22:12:55 UTC

User config

I think that the reading of the userconfig file should be an option in
the system config file.  The example userconfig is a null file
(everything is commented out), so the system config file could be
changed to refer to it without doing any damage, unless the user changes
the distributed user config and does *not* want it read.  From memory,
the current code searches for the userconfig file in user-relative
places.  If this is changed to search firstly in user-relative, then in
system-relative places, it would give the user the option to change the
distributed user config file in place, or to copy it to user space and
modify it there.  This is what I've implemented in my own code, and it
certainly makes my testing a lot easier.  In that code, a command line
option specifying a user config will override the specification in the
system config.  The other thing that would probably be useful in that
situation is a command line switch to turn off user config altogether.

Peter

Volunteer for code integration? Re: User config

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
As there have been no objections, I'll press ahead with this.  From
those who have expressed interest in getting involved, is there anyone
who would like to start by integrating my Options.java into the
maintenance branch and trunk.  The changes are fairly extensive.

Peter