Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Laurent Cornelis <la...@ubiquity.be> on 2003/06/10 17:07:57 UTC

Form disrtibuted on many pages

Hi,

I have two questions about Tapestry 2.3.

1. I have a big form that I want to distribute over two or three pages. I
have my three pages specifications and templates that use the same
page-specification class. My problem is that when I submit the first part of
the form and the second page is loaded, every properties of the first page
are reinitialized to null (as specified in my initialize() method). What can
I do to avoid this ?

2. In my form, I have a property of type List. The input fields are
displayed in an HTML table (using a ForEach). In my form listener if the
List is full, a new row is added. For example :

|One|
|Two|
|Three|

will become :

|One|
|Two|
|Three|
|         |

. The rendering works but when I submit the form after the List has grown, I
have a Stale Link error.

Why and how can I avoid this ?

Thanks,

Laurent Cornelis

Re: Form disrtibuted on many pages

Posted by Viktor Szathmary <ph...@imapmail.org>.
On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 11:07, Laurent Cornelis wrote:

> 1. I have a big form that I want to distribute over two or three pages. I
> have my three pages specifications and templates that use the same
> page-specification class. My problem is that when I submit the first part of

you should have 3 separate pages, each editing a portion of a bean that
you keep in the Visit...

regards,
   viktor