Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by je...@spamgourmet.com on 2006/11/23 11:40:00 UTC

Jetspeed URL

Hi,
I've already posted that I have a Problem with the Portal URL because of
the migration of an existing system into Jetspeed2. Before I could
request the page
          www.somewhere.de/somedir/anotherdir/somepage.html
Because of the transfer to Jetspeed2 i have to request
          www.somewhere.de/jetspeed/portal/somedir/anotherdir/somepage.html
to get the same result. That's very unkind because some links have to
stay like before. I solved one part by making Jetspeed2 to my ROOT
application of the tomcat so I can request
          www.somewhere.de/portal/somedir/anotherdir/somepage.html
And I can change the 'portal' to something else by editing the web.xml
of the Jetspeed2 application for the Jetspeed servlet. But i can't say
there something like /* to send everything to the Jetspeed servlet. Has
anybody an solution?
Ingo

ps: The tomcat is connected by an Apache webserver.

Re: Jetspeed URL

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
jetspeedml.5.ip0010@spamgourmet.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I've already posted that I have a Problem with the Portal URL because of
> the migration of an existing system into Jetspeed2. Before I could
> request the page
>           www.somewhere.de/somedir/anotherdir/somepage.html
> Because of the transfer to Jetspeed2 i have to request
>           www.somewhere.de/jetspeed/portal/somedir/anotherdir/somepage.html
> to get the same result. That's very unkind because some links have to
> stay like before. I solved one part by making Jetspeed2 to my ROOT
> application of the tomcat so I can request
>           www.somewhere.de/portal/somedir/anotherdir/somepage.html
> And I can change the 'portal' to something else by editing the web.xml
> of the Jetspeed2 application for the Jetspeed servlet. But i can't say
> there something like /* to send everything to the Jetspeed servlet. Has
> anybody an solution?
> Ingo
>
> ps: The tomcat is connected by an Apache webserver.

Why not just serve up your HTML pages with Apache?