Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/02 12:00:04 UTC

[DISCUSS] Force use of Maven 3.2.5

This pull request:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/494

introduces a maven plugin that will validate that our public APIs go
unchanged between releases (without justification). Unfortunately, it
forces us to require a minimum of Maven 3.2.5 to build TinkerPop. If you
don't have that version you get this message on mvn clean install:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.revapi:revapi-maven-plugin:0.7.0:check
(default) on project tinkerpop: The plugin
org.revapi:revapi-maven-plugin:0.7.0 requires Maven version 3.2.5 -> [Help
1]

So - you get a pretty clear message at least. Anyway, I think that having
the API checker will turn out to be quite useful going forward, perhaps
being on the same level of usefulness as the enforcer plugin for
dependencies. We'll assume lazy consensus to require Maven 3.2.5 unless
there are objections in the next 72 hours (Monday, December 5, 2016, 7AM
EST).

Re: [DISCUSS] Force use of Maven 3.2.5

Posted by Jason Plurad <pl...@gmail.com>.
The PR bumps up to Maven 3.3.9.