Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Gobilliard, Olivier" <ol...@cartesian.com> on 2013/09/05 17:06:05 UTC

Symbolic Link in Hadoop 1.0.4

Hi,

I am using Hadoop 1.0.4 and need to create a symbolic link in HDSF.
This feature has been added in Hadoop 0.21.0 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-245) in the new FileContext API (http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileContext.html).
However, I cannot find the FileContext API in the 1.0.4 release (http://archive.apache.org/dist/hadoop/core/hadoop-1.0.4/). I cannot find it in any of the 1.X releases actually.

Has this functionality been moved to another Class?

Many thanks,
Olivier

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This email and any attachments are confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately
by replying to this email and then delete from your computer without copying or distributing in any other way.

Cartesian Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 3230513
Registered office: Descartes House, 8 Gate Street, London, WC2A 3HP
www.cartesian.com<http://www.cartesian.com>

Re: Symbolic Link in Hadoop 1.0.4

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
FileContext APIs and symlink functionality is not available in 1.0. It is
only available in 0.23 and 2.x release.

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/

--