Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Giguere <er...@videotron.ca> on 2004/02/11 18:25:22 UTC

Changelog + cvs password

Hi all
Been browsing through the list history and found some entries concerning
CVS passwords and the changelog plugin. I'm not sure I understand well
though :(.
To make this work, we need to define a pregoal in maven.xml for the
maven-changelog-plugin:report.
That pregoal will use ant:cvspass tag to generate a password file:
(from the archive)

><cvspass cvsroot="${itag.jakarta.cvs.root}"
>         password="${itag.jakarta.cvs.pass}"
>         passfile="${itag.cvs.passfile}"/>

But then, this password file needs to be passed to CVS. How exactly do
we achieve this? The rest of the message found in the archive was
calling CVS checkout using the ant:cvs tag... But generating the
changelog report doesn't require checking out but running log command.
 From the jelly script, I can't see this parameter passed in any way.
How exactly will that work?

And do we really have to "redefine" the cvs root? After all, it is
defined in the project.xml file. True it must be parsed but...
thx for the help
Eric.