Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/12/28 23:01:15 UTC

CSS style memory/performance patch

Hi,

Just looking at the patch here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33893

And it makes sense, but I'm not 100% sure about all implications of making emptyObjectFactory static. Any opinions?

With the patch applied these tests pass (which seem fairly comprehensive).
./mini_run.sh tests/Managers/StyleManager

Thanks,
Justin

Re: CSS style memory/performance patch

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
It looks fine, if it is creating a new empty function every time, I can't
see why it wouldn't be fine as static.  But it's confusing to me when I see
it creating a new instance of the function then modifying its prototype.  I
guess there is no harm as long as it doesn't keep a reference to the
original.

-Mark