Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sh...@spymac.com on 2004/06/23 04:36:11 UTC

maven j2ee sample project problem

Hi, mavens:
I'm new to Maven project, and currently learn how to
build j2ee project through it. There's a great
stuff I found on wiki in illustrating how to build
j2ee project
(http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/CreatingJ2eeApplications).

Because it consists of multiporjects (with
sub-projects in it). Therefore it needs to download
artificts. However, because  the artifacts (in the
sample project - j2ee-project\common)  is resided in
local file system, it results in "unsatisfied
dependency" error; even though I specified the url tag
in project.xml (I put the jar file in tomcat server
and with url tag http://localhost:port/project/ or
edit url tag with absoloute path pointing to the jar
file),  it doesn't work. What should I do to adjust
this problem?
I appreciate any suggestions,
sincerely.
Arsene

---- Cool Things Happen When Mac Users Meet! Join the community in Boston this July: www.macworldexpo.com

Re: maven j2ee sample project problem

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
The URL in the dependency element is NOT the download location.

If j2ee-project\common isn't in the local repository, go into that
project and do a jar:install.

Posted by Craig Gaffney <ga...@rinstrum.com>.
G'Day Arsene,
	Try having a look at this -

http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=MavenMagic

	If that link doesn't work, try this one, and follow on from
there -

http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=22601

	HTH,

Craig Gaffney
PC Applications Developer
Rinstrum Pty Ltd (formerly Ranger Instruments)
41 Success St, Acacia Ridge Qld 4110 Australia
Ph:     +61 7 3216 7166
Fax:    +61 7 3216 6211
Email:  gaffney@rinstrum.com
Web:    www.rinstrum.com