Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Nicholson <ro...@elastica.com> on 2005/04/17 17:23:00 UTC

What is better DCC or Razor2?

Hi,

I currently run DCC and since adding

if ($rules =~ /DCC_CHECK/) {
       log_mbox($check_mail, "    Spamassassin has determined this mail
is SPAM ignor
ing because of DCC_CHECK\n\n");
       $mail->ignore();

to my spam filtering script it's dramatically cut down on my spam.

But what benefit is there in running razor2?

Re: What is better DCC or Razor2?

Posted by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com>.
On 4/17/2005 11:23 AM, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> I currently run DCC and since adding

> But what benefit is there in running razor2?

DCC just checks for volume, and doesn't quantify content. Mailings from
~cnet or elsewhere end up getting the same rank as spam, so you really
have to couple DCC with a whitelisting system of some kind.

Razor scores are based on tags that reflect on content, the credibility of
the reporter, etc.