Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ed Staub <es...@silknet.com> on 2000/06/05 14:38:52 UTC

RE: Cocoon - WAP - Nokia 7110; WebClipping-savvy editor?

You can get "No response received" on the emulator from a badly formed WML
file.  WML schema has some surprising quirks.  For example, a <table> at the
top level (without a surrounding <p>) is a no-no, and the columns attribute
on <table> is mandatory.

I discovered this by using an XML editor with a validator.  I like XMLSpy
(http://www.xmlspy.com), which already knows WML as a filetype.  But I
haven't done a thorough review of other offerings.

In a related matter... does anyone know of a validating editor for PalmOS's
WebClipping format?

-Ed Staub
Kana Communications, Inc.