Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Boris Prochazka <bo...@viaplay.com> on 2016/03/11 15:20:55 UTC

Re: Can't deploy a a storm topology

As I posted I hade som problems with deploying a topology from OSX running a virtualised docker host in VirtualBox. The problem is that the client connects to a NATed nimbus. The contacted nimbus replies with the nimbus leaders ip address and ask the client to use it instead. The replied address is the private ip+port and can never be reached from the storm client.

The workaround i found is to deploy the topology from the docker-host it self of directly from the nimbus. The docker-host is hard to modify and all modifications are lost after a restart therefore the only reasonable way of deploying topologies is to copy the jar to the nimbus and deploy it there.

Boris Prochazka
boris.prochazka@viaplay.com
Phone: +46 70 5125122
Skypeto: boris.prochazka
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add,
 but when there is nothing left to take away."
 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)