Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com> on 2016/02/02 21:44:29 UTC

Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

My environment:

Linux version 3.13.0-74-generic (buildd@lcy01-07) (gcc version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu
4.8.2-19ubuntu1) ) #118-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 17 22:52:10 UTC 2015

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	14.04
Codename:	trusty

I have the libaio1 package installed:

    $ sudo apt-get install libaio1
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    libaio1 is already the newest version.
required:
      account-plugin-windows-live kde-config-pimactivity libbabl-0.0-0
libgcr-3-1
      libgegl-0.0-0 libkactivities-models1 libmng1 libmpdec2
libnepomukcleaner4
      libpimactivity4 libupstart1 linux-image-3.13.0-61-generic
      linux-image-extra-3.13.0-61-generic nepomuk-core-runtime
python-pexpect
      shared-desktop-ontologies xviewg
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 82 not upgraded.

I configured to use ASYNCIO, eEmbedded server configured:

    config.setJournalType(JournalType.ASYNCIO );

When I start the process, I see this in the log:

    2016-02-02 15:02:54,360 INFO [main]: server - AMQ221045: libaio is not
available, switching the configuration into NIO
    2016-02-02 15:02:54,386 INFO [main]: server - AMQ221013: Using NIO
Journal

Any help is appreciated.

tx

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
"IRC" is "Internet Relay Chat."  The link that Clebert provided in his
and the channel name you should use as well as a link to a Wikipedia
article about IRC clients.  You'll need to grab an IRC client for your
platform and connect to the server in the aforementioned link and then join
the channel.

Hope that helps.

Justin

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I forgot it ;). Thanks.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by Art Licis <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com>.
Clebert, I'm in the IRC chat room. My ID: ipolevoy, ping me when you have a
chance.

thanks

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com>.
sorry, this is a poor Nabble  UI playing jokes on me, I did not see my
response, so sent it again.

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Maybe we crossed each other message? as I already answered both questions?

you need to add the folder where libartemis-native-64.so is located.

As for the link on IRC:
http://activemq.apache.org/irc.html

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 3:39 PM, ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com> wrote:
> we just use a system property:
>

> java -Djava.library.path=/opt/lib/linux-x86_64/ ...
>
> Where is the link to IRC?

Clebert Suconic

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 2:41 PM, ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com> wrote:
> We use -Djava.library.path=/opt/lib/linux-x86_64/,  is this not OK?

Nope... unless you copied libartemis-native-64.so there which wouldn't
be so standard.

When you compile the native library.. it will be under:
artemis-source-dir/artemis-native/bin/libartemis-native-64.so

At the binary distribution, it will be under:

apache-artemis-distribution/bin/lib/linux-x86_64

You will need libartemis-native-64 under the library path. otherwise
it won't work.

Posted by ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com>.
We use -Djava.library.path=/opt/lib/linux-x86_64/,  is this not OK?

Is there a link to IRC?

Thanks

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
If you can compile it.  All you need it LD_LIBRARY_PATH where the
compilation out is set.

If you look for me on IRC today or tomorrow I can help you out.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 12:48 PM ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com> wrote:

> We recompiled and reinstalled the library, but when the process starts, we
> still see " libaio is not available, switching the configuration into NIO"
> in the log file.
>
> Is there a way to tell  that the library is installed and functions
> properly?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Sent from:

Clebert Suconic

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
any progress?

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:15 AM, ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com> wrote:
> Clebert, thank you for your help. Enjoy your vacation, we will be looking
> closer, and if cannot resolve I will ping you in a few days.
>
> Thank you,

Clebert Suconic

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Running the testcases maybe.

Something has to load the library.

I would run the cmake. And copy it from where the .sos are located within
the build.

I am having a vacation day today. But you could maybe ping me tomorrow on
the IRC?

I will look at my email during the day also.

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:33 AM ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com> wrote:

> Hi, Clebert.
>
> This is exactly what I did. However, my admin has doubts in a way he
> compiled and installed the lib.
> Let us poke around a bit. Is there a sure way to determine that the system
> library is properly installed and functioning without running a broker?

> Sent from:

Clebert Suconic

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I'm just trying to figure out if the problem is at your script... or
on the compilation of the library.

on the same box... create a broker.. and run it.. see if libaio loads.

Depending on the result we will decide if it's a path or a recompilation issue.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:53 PM, ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com> wrote:
> are you asking to install the distribution and start a broker on our
> production env?
> Is there any other method?

Clebert Suconic

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Can you tell me if the distribution finds libaio in the same env? then
I can help you out.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:17 AM, ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com> wrote:
> IN addition, I also tried to set  the system property from inside Java using
> Syste.setProperty(..), but did that did not work either.
>
> Can you tell me if I'm using the right SO file? The name of this file is
> different from your Artemis documentation

Clebert Suconic

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com>.
This script is only used to test libaio integration. I cannot use the script
from the distribution because we use  Artemis embedded into our app.

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
What is this script? Why you don’t use the one from the distribution ?

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:03 AM ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com> wrote:

> Here is more info: Script  I use:
> #!/usr/bin/env bashexport CP=worker-classes/for file in  `ls lib`;do
> CP=$CP:lib/$file; donefor file in  `ls worker-libs`;do
> CP=$CP:worker-libs/$file; doneecho $CPgroovy
> -Djava.library.path=./artemis-lib -cp $CP $1 $2 $3 $4 $5
> The content of my directory:
> ll artemis-lib/total 40drwxrwxr-x 2 igor igor  4096 Nov 13 01:02
> ./drwxrwxr-x 7 igor igor  4096 Nov 13 00:55 ../-rw-r--r-- 1 igor igor 28687
> Nov 13 01:02 libartemis-native-64.so
> The version of Linux kernel:
> $ uname -aLinux expresspigeontest 4.4.0-98-lowlatency #121~14.04.1-Ubuntu
> SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 11 12:42:21 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> When I run the program, Artemis puts out this:
> {"level":"INFO","timestamp":"Mon Nov 13 01:02:41 CST
>
> 2017","thread":"main","logger":"org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server","message":"AMQ221045:
> libaio is not available, switching the configuration into NIO"}
> I just cannot get it to work. Please, note that the docs state that the
> file
> name is libActiveMQAIO64.so according to:   libaio.html
> <https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.3.0/libaio.html>  , but I was
> only able to find libartemis-native-64.so. I'm not even sure if this is the
> right file
>

> --
> Sent from:

Clebert Suconic

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
If you are using an older kernel you may need to recompile it for Libc
compar. Just use cmake. Quite easy.

If you have problems let me know.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com>.
Hey,  guys.

[...]

2017","thread":"main","logger":"org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server","message":"AMQ221013:

Posted by ipolevoy <ig...@expresspigeon.com>.
Justin, and Clebert, thanks for suggestion, I found references to the lib in
the script!

Will do.

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
As u are using embedded.  The .so must be on your library path.

Look at the Artemis script for how we do it.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.com>.