Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <he...@flamefew.net> on 2002/06/07 00:28:58 UTC

[CLI] bad test format in project.xml

The pattern for the unit tests in the project.xml is **/Test*.java and yet
most of the Tests are of the form [ClassName]Test.java so it misses these.
I think this should change to:

**/*Test*.java

but as I'm not going to have time to fix any tests that aren't working
right now, I don't think it'd be a good idea for me to go breaking things
in cvs :) [or at least anymore than my new submissions might do].

Hen

Re: [CLI] bad test format in project.xml

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, James Strachan wrote:

> Actually yesterday I changed the pattern to be *Test*.java in project.xml
> and all the tests worked...
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/cli/junit-report.html

Sorry, hadn't emailed about this yet. I subsequently realised I was on an
older version. Sorry.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Henri Yandell" <he...@flamefew.net>
> The pattern for the unit tests in the project.xml is **/Test*.java and yet
> most of the Tests are of the form [ClassName]Test.java so it misses these.
> I think this should change to:
>
> **/*Test*.java
>
> but as I'm not going to have time to fix any tests that aren't working
> right now, I don't think it'd be a good idea for me to go breaking things
> in cvs :) [or at least anymore than my new submissions might do].

Actually yesterday I changed the pattern to be *Test*.java in project.xml
and all the tests worked...

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/cli/junit-report.html

James

Re: [CLI] bad test format in project.xml

Posted by bob mcwhirter <bo...@werken.com>.
On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Henri Yandell wrote:

> The pattern for the unit tests in the project.xml is **/Test*.java and yet
> most of the Tests are of the form [ClassName]Test.java so it misses these.
> I think this should change to:
>
> **/*Test*.java

Or just

	**/*Test.java

I've always used 'Test' suffix to denote a test.

	-bob