Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Seif Eddine Jemli <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/01 19:14:18 UTC

Jclouds

Hi,

i am trying to implement a java code that should enable me to do simple
things: deploy Virtual machines for example.

I was advised to use Jclouds API, the problem is that i didn't find
"enough"  documentation on how to use Jclouds on a cloudstack private cloud
.

Where can i find a jclouds code on cloudstack that i can use as a start
(like a tuto)?

thanks

Re: Jclouds

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
FWIW, in jclouds, the easiest way is to treat cloudstack as any other
compute provider.  You can get advanced, like how cloudcat does, but
easiest way to start is using the basics.

ex. here's an example project that is portable.

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/tree/master/compute-basics

java -Dcloudstack.endpoint=http://1.2.3.4/client/api -jar
target/compute-basics-jar-with-dependencies.jar cloudstack API_KEY
SECRET_KEY webserver add

HTH

-A

Re: Jclouds