Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rodrigo Ramos <cr...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/28 21:27:04 UTC

[users@httpd] *.a and *la files

Hi List

I hope be the correct list. I explain my issue:

When I trye compile Apache 2 the compilation make all good, but when I look
into the modules folder I get files with extension *.la and *.a, but never
get *.so files. For example:

httpd.exp mod_authn_default.la mod_cern_meta.a mod_log_config.lamod_speling.a
mod_actions.a mod_cern_meta.la mod_expires.a mod_speling.la
mod_actions.la

My SO is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 (Tikanga).
My kernel is 2.6.18-238.el5
My Arch is x86_64 x86_64 x86_64

My compile options are:

./configure --prefix=/xxx/xxx/APACHE2.2.17 --enable-shared=ssl
--enable-shared=max --enable-module=so --enable-mods-shared=all --enable-so

So, I compiled with the same compile options in Ubuntu and generate all OK

What could it be?

Greetings