Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank von Daak <fr...@kpage.de> on 2003/08/30 14:24:15 UTC

Re: Tomcat and MsSQL - Resolved

Hi,

after a very long search, I've found the solution for my problem.

I've installed tomcat4 directly from debian (.deb)
This installation has activatet the security-manager per default - and this
caused the problem.

I've had to grant access to the IP and Port of the SQL-Server in the security
manager.
After this I was able to open a Socket, but the driver still doesn't work,
becaus of missing file permissions ([Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver
for JDBC]Error opening/loading com.microsoft.util.transliteration.properties.)

I've decided to deactivate the security manager - and now, everything is
working well !

Greetings,
Frank