Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Martín Lahittette <ml...@telpin.com.ar> on 2001/01/16 02:49:17 UTC

Printing a DOM to file

Hi!
I'd like to write a DOM to a XML file. What should I use?

Thanks!!

Re: Printing a DOM to file

Posted by Sebastien Ponce <se...@cern.ch>.
You have to use XMLSerializer. Here is an example of code, using
OutputFormat to format the file :

    OutputStream outputStream = new
FileOutputStream(your_file_as_File_object);
    OutputFormat outputFormat = new OutputFormat(your_Dom_document);
    outputFormat.setPreserveSpace(false);
    outputFormat.setIndenting(true);
    outputFormat.setLineWidth(0);
    serializer = new XMLSerializer(outputStream, outputFormat);
    serializer.serialize(your_Dom_document);

Sebastien