Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Jack L. Stone" <ja...@sage-one.net> on 2002/04/19 00:20:59 UTC

Apache hangs at boot - pass phrase

Running FBSD 4.5.
I recently installed Apache-1.24+mod_ssl-2.8.8 and found that reboot hangs
up at the "local package initialization". After a reboot to bypass the boot
scripts in rc.d, I disarmed the apache.sh bootup script and rebooted okay.

It dawned on me that the hangup is because the apache-ssl must have an
input for the certificate pass phrase. How can I modify the boot script to
take care of this at bootup?

This is what it wants to load:
#Server sageman:443 (RSA)
#Enter pass phrase:

Sorry if this is an old question, but could not find anything recent in the
archives.... any help appreciated & hope this is the right place to ask....

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone
Server Admin

Re: Apache hangs at boot - pass phrase

Posted by John Moore <jo...@pdsi-software.com>.
This is somewhere on the apache site.

[root@bear /root]# more how-to-get-rid-of-the-apache-pass-phrase.txt
cd /opt/apache/conf/ssl.key
cp server.key server.key.orig
openssl rsa -in server.key.orig -out server.key

[root@bear /root]#