Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Valmir Macário <va...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/11 14:08:25 UTC

Axis2 lazy init

Hi all,

Axis2 only start service when is made a first call to one operation, but i
need to start service as soon as the tomcat start, because a need initialize
a Timer(). I´ve trying the methot: void init() throws AxisFault, in my
service class but i don´t have success. I apreciate if someone can help-me
to get this behaviour in my service.

Thanks,

Valmir

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Attempting to download maven-itest-plugin-1.0.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from [http://cvs.apache.org/repository/maven-itest-plugin/plugins/maven-itest-plugin-1.0.jar]: java.io.IOException:
Unknown error down

Can someone stick
maven-itest-plugin-1.0.jar from http://people.apache.org/repository/maven/plugins/
into cvs repository?

Thanks
M-

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Maven 2.0.2

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
public class VladimirServlet extends avax.servlet.http.HttpServlet
{
   public void init(javax.servlet.ServletConfig servletConfig) throws ServletException
   {
   }
} //end declaration ValidimirServlet

HTH
Martin--

        Valmir Macário wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Axis2 only start service when is made a first call to one operation,
        > but i need to start service as soon as the tomcat start, because a
        > need initialize a Timer(). I´ve trying the methot: void init() throws
        > AxisFault, in my service class but i don´t have success. I apreciate
        > if someone can help-me to get this behaviour in my service.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Valmir

        Deepal
        ~Future is Open~

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by Valmir Macário <va...@gmail.com>.

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Vladimir-

    Valmir Macário wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Axis2 only start service when is made a first call to one operation,
    > but i need to start service as soon as the tomcat start, because a
    > need initialize a Timer(). I´ve trying the methot: void init() throws
    > AxisFault, in my service class but i don´t have success. I apreciate
    > if someone can help-me to get this behaviour in my service.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Valmir

    Deepal
    ~Future is Open~

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by Valmir Macário <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepal, thanks very much for help. I will try do this, i think this a
good option to axis2, because some aplications have to run in many servers,
and it prevents to deploy one servlet only to make this work. I have made
with a servlet and it works, but i want do it throught axis2. I apreciate
the application from all you to make a good axis2 and help us to developer
using axis2.

Thanks

Valmir

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

Valmir Macário wrote:

> Hi Deepal,
>
> I´ve try this, but the init method wasn´t called. I make deploy with
> application scope and put the init method on my service class but i
> haven´t success. You can give me more details.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Valmir
>

> On 7/12/06, *Deepal Jayasinghe* <deepal@opensource.lk
> <ma...@opensource.lk>> wrote:
>
>     When you deploy your service in application scope , when the server
>     start up init method will be called.
>
>     I juts implement that , and that is available in SVN now.
>
>     Valmir Macário wrote:
>
>     > Hi all,
>     >
>     > Axis2 only start service when is made a first call to one operation,
>     > but i need to start service as soon as the tomcat start, because a
>     > need initialize a Timer(). I´ve trying the methot: void init()
>     throws
>     > AxisFault, in my service class but i don´t have success. I apreciate
>     > if someone can help-me to get this behaviour in my service.
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     >
>     > Valmir
>

>     --
>     Thanks,
>     Deepal
>     ~Future is Open~

Deepal
~Future is Open~

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by Valmir Macário <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepal,

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

Valmir Macário wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Axis2 only start service when is made a first call to one operation,
> but i need to start service as soon as the tomcat start, because a
> need initialize a Timer(). I´ve trying the methot: void init() throws
> AxisFault, in my service class but i don´t have success. I apreciate
> if someone can help-me to get this behaviour in my service.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Valmir

Deepal
~Future is Open~

Re: Axis2 lazy init

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
I can't think of anything in axis2 that could start the service on
tomcat startup automatically. Would you could do, though, is have a
servlet configured in your web.xml as 'load-on-startup' in the same
war as your service,  and then in your servlet init(), call the method
that inits your timer.